About the Annual Gala Committee
No committee is more fun nor more challenging than the gala committee. These dedicated volunteers are usually “can-do-people” who are accomplished and wanting to give back to their business community.
The Annual Chamber Gala is the largest Chamber fundraiser of the year so results are key. The committee strives to make the experience for members one of fun and a reward for their success all year.
- 6 months before, determine a theme and evaluate site selection options
- 3 months before, organize tactics, direct mail, newsletter, posters, tickets
- Assist selling tickets for both tables and individuals
- The last month a great deal of time is dedicated to securing auction items
- Day of event, help setup
- During event, spend a portion of evening assisting checkin, checkout, greeting or auction running
At the Chambers annual awards luncheon in December, special recognition is given to the Gala Committee Chair and the volunteers, as again this is a difficult but challenging endeavor. The committee requires true leadership qualities and more often than not, committee Chairs and best performers tend to over the years be recognized by being so often the first elected to the Chamber’s Board of Directors.