X GOLF APPLE VALLEY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Last year we reported to you that in Time Square just beside Jay F. Jeweler, X-GOLF would be building a new year-round golf simulator facility with a full bar and restaurant. Construction is now underway with completion expected in early to mid-March. The photo above is an example of what it would look like once complete.
We spoke with owner Ben Feret who told us this is his 5th location and will be his largest (and also the largest this side of Chicago). Ben is also one of the new owners of Time Square Center in Apple Valley. He said they will be opening as soon as possible for us anxious golfers who are just waiting for winter to end. After opening, he and his co-owners of Time Square will completely remodel the exterior of the center as weather permits them to.
One of several partner groups Obsidian Group’s CEO put it in Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal that the nearly $3 million in exterior upgrades are meant to attract more national brands over time, and noted that Apple Valley and that corner is “a diamond in the rough” and one of the best retail corridors in the metro area.” The Time Square Center sold for $10.75 million.
Chamber President Ed Kearney has been to Minnesota Chamber meetings twice at X-Golf’s Woodbury location and said “the food was really good which we weren’t expecting since it is primarily golf and the simulators were spectacular. You simply tell them what championship course you want to play and the tee with a ball on it pops up, one after another. They even had greens that were islands and marked like a dartboard to add a little flavor and variety.”
The Apple Valley location will also have a separate room that closes off if needed for meetings or smaller gatherings (with it’s own bar, pool table etc.). This location will have ten golf simulators.
Features of X-Golf Include:
- High speed cameras with lasers to track 98% accuracy for you shot resting place
- Improve your game with instant analytics on your shots
- Choose courses all over the world
- Full golf lessons taught by PGA pros
- Full restaurant (even if not playing golf), full bar that includes full liquor and wine
- Events (such as when MN Chamber rented the entire place)
- Club fittings and trade ins
- All ages welcome, great family game night
- Over 50 locations (so they know what they are doing and do it well)