CHAMBER COALITION OF DAKOTA COUNTY ATTENDS WORKFORCE AWARDS
The Chamber Coalition of Dakota County was proud to support our local Dakota County businesses who received honors last week at the annual Dakota/Scott Workforce Development Board Annual Award Celebration. The afternoon, hosted at the Ames Center in Burnsville, included lunch and a keynote from local author, speaker and sports broadcaster, Joe Schmidt.
This year’s honorees were:
- Mark McAfee Friend of Workforce Award – Cindy Nolan, Lakeville Area Schools
- Business Champion Award – All Inc.
- Bob Klas Sr. Entrepreneur Award – Katie Moras
- Bob Killeen Award – Josh Steinhouse, Gunner’s Garage
- Willis E. Branning Excellence in Youth Employment Service Award – Ben Kusch (Dakota) and SCA (Shakopee Community Assistance) (Scott)
- Employer of the Year for People with Disabilities Award – Schmitty & Sons
The Chamber Coalition of Dakota County is a partnership of the Apple Valley, Burnsville, Hastings, Lakeville, and River Heights Chambers of Commerce to advocate for, support, connect, and promote the businesses in our communities.
(pictured above from left): River Heights Chamber President Colleen Roth, Lakeville Chamber President Krista Jech, Apple Valley Chamber President Ed Kearney & Burnsville Chamber President Jennifer Harmening. Not pictured is Hastings Chamber President Kristy Barse who was unable to attend.