Brand New SBA Grants for Small Restaurants, Food Trucks, Brew Pubs, etc.
APPLE VALLEY CHAMBER NOTE: This new program called the “Restaurant Revitalization Fund” (which was just signed by the President) will be released in two phases. It is designed to HELP SMALL RESTAURANTS. The first two weeks give priority to at least 51% minority, woman, veteran or disadvantaged owned restaurants. After a few weeks, it is open to all small restaurants including:
- Food stands, food trucks, food carts
- Bars, saloons, lounges, taverns
- Snack and nonalcoholic beverage bars
- Bakeries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Brewpubs, tasting rooms, taprooms (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Breweries and/or microbreweries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Wineries and distilleries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Inns (onsite sales of food and beverage to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Licensed facilities or premises of a beverage alcohol producer where the public may taste, sample, or purchase products
This is a grant program that does NOT NEED TO BE REPAID if used by March of 2023.
The Restaurant Revitalization Fund
This program provides emergency assistance for eligible restaurants, bars, and other qualifying businesses impacted by COVID-19.
The American Rescue Plan Act established the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) to provide funding to help restaurants and other eligible businesses keep their doors open. This program will provide restaurants with funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue loss up to $10 million per business and no more than $5 million per physical location. Recipients are not required to repay the funding as long as funds are used for eligible uses no later than March 11, 2023.
Sign up to receive email alerts from SBA as additional information about the Restaurant Revitalization Fund becomes available (click).
How to apply
You can apply through SBA-recognized Point of Sale Restaurant Partners or directly via SBA in a forthcoming online application portal.
Registration with SAM.gov is not required. DUNS or CAGE identifiers are also not required.
If you would like to prepare your application, view the sample application form. You will be able to complete this form online. Please do not submit RRF forms to SBA at this time.
Additional documentation required:
- Verification for Tax Information: IRS Form 4506-T, completed and signed by Applicant. Completion of this form digitally on the SBA platform will satisfy this requirement.
- Gross Receipts Documentation: Any of the following documents demonstrating gross receipts and, if applicable, eligible expenses
- Business tax returns (IRS Form 1120 or IRS 1120-S)
- IRS Forms 1040 Schedule C; IRS Forms 1040 Schedule F
- For a partnership: partnership’s IRS Form 1065 (including K-1s)
- Bank statements
- Externally or internally prepared financial statements such as Income Statements or Profit and Loss Statements
- Point of sale report(s), including IRS Form 1099-K
For applicants that are a brewpub, tasting room, taproom, brewery, winery, distillery, or bakery:
- Documents evidencing that onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33.00% of gross receipts for 2019, which may include Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) Forms 5130.9 or TTB. For businesses who opened in 2020, the Applicant’s original business model should have contemplated at least 33.00% of gross receipts in onsite sales to the public.
For applicants that are an inn:
- Documents evidencing that onsite sales of food and beverage to the public comprise at least 33.00% of gross receipts for 2019. For businesses who opened in 2020, the Applicant’s original business model should have contemplated at least 33.00% of gross receipts in onsite sales to the public.
Restaurant Revitalization Fund program guide (click to open)
Get help with your application
For assistance preparing your application, you can access the following:
- RRF knowledge base support documentation
- Call center support: 1-844-279-8898
- Your local SBA District Office