Governor Walz Relaxes Hours & Capacities for Restaurants & Bars Starting Tomorrow
The following changes take place TOMORROW, FEB. 13th at NOON and may allow for better Valentine’s Day accommodations.
- Allowing restaurants to stay open until 11 p.m.
- Increase the “not to exceed” capacity in restaurants to 250, while leaving the maximum capacity at 50%
- Increase indoor entertainment “not to exceed” capacity to 250, while leaving the maximum capacity at 25%
- Increase the “not to exceed” capacity at private events and celebrations such as weddings to 50, while leaving the maximum capacity at 25%
- Increasing gym and pool “not to exceed” capacity to 250, while leaving maximum capacity at 25%, and reducing distancing requirement to 6 feet.
The previous order held venues to 150 person capacity limits. Also, receptions for weddings and other private events and gatherings were limited to two households of 10 people indoors or three households or 15 people for outdoors where food or drink was served. Any event previously in his orders without food or drink were limited to 50% capacity. Bars, gyms and entertainment venues had a 150 person limit. Basically while percentages have remained the same, larger venues can now go up to 250 capacity by allowing an extra 100 persons.