City of Apple Valley Now Accepting City Council Applications
To fill the vacancy, the City of Apple Valley is now accepting applications from citizens interested in being appointed to fill the remaining term of the Councilmember position.
When former Councilmember Clint Hooppaw was selected to become the Mayor of Apple Valley effective January 14, 2021, a vacancy on the City Council was created. To fill the vacancy, the City of Apple Valley is now accepting applications from citizens interested in being appointed to fill the remaining term of the Councilmember position. The term will expire on December 31, 2022. The Council may appoint any individual who is eligible for election to the office of City Council. Generally, to be eligible a person must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of the City for at least 30 days, and at least 21 years old.
The City Council is the legislative and policy making body for the City government. The Mayor and four City Councilmembers are elected at large to alternating four-year terms. The City of Apple Valley is pledged to promote and enhance the health, safety, and general well-being of its citizens and all who visit the City. In achieving this goal, the City will:
- Provide a full range of municipal services;
- Encourage active participation in city government activities;
- Promote quality development;
- Provide a balance of residential, commercial, and public uses;
- Promote employment opportunities within the community;
- Experiment with new ideas in the delivery of public services;
- Transmit to future citizens a better and more beautiful community.
Interested residents should complete and submit an application no later than February 15, 2021. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 pm in the Office of the City Clerk located at 7100 147th Street W., Apple Valley, MN 55124. The application form is provided below and is also available from the Office of the City Clerk.