Round 4 of Dakota County Grant Program Starts Today
APPLE VALLEY CHAMBER NOTE: This latest round of grants (do not need to be paid back) began at noon today. Priority is for ANY QUALIFYING BUSINESS or NON-PROFIT WHO HAS NOT RECEIVED ANY COUNTY FUNDING THESE LAST FEW MONTHS. Second priority will be BUSINESSES of NON-PROFIT WHO HAS BECEIVED LESS THAN $15,000 FROM THE COUNTY. If there is any money left over, they will look at applications who already received the $15,000. Chamber President Ed Kearney testified before the County Commissioners over a week ago to relay to the Commissioners all that he has heard from businesses but especially small businesses who have not received any money and so many who just didn’t know about the past two rounds of generous County Grants.
- Have a physical location in Dakota County
- 75 or less full-time equivalent employees
- No current liens on record with the Minnesota Secretary of State at time of application
- Impacted, directly or indirectly, by an Executive Order related to the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes being closed by an order or evidence of being impacted by sales or revenue declines.
- In operation on or before Nov. 1, 2020
- In good standing with Dakota County
- Pool A – For-profit businesses that have not received any funding from Dakota County through the previous CARES-funded Small Business Relief Grant rounds (1, 2 and 3) or state funded grant programs providing COVID-19 relief in 2020 or 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Pool B – Nonprofit organizations that have not received funding from Dakota County through the Nonprofit Assistance Program or state funded grant programs providing COVID-19 relief in 2020 or 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Applicants without a physical establishment in Dakota County, Minnesota.
- Corporate or multi-state chains.
- Applicants in default conditions prior to Nov. 1, 2020.
- Applicants who primarily derive income from any of the following: gambling, adult entertainment, property rentals/property management, billboards, or lobbying.