DEED Commissioner Gives Chamber Heads Up About Dialing Back for COVID During Today’s Zoom Call
Today, be sure to see the Governor’s NEW RESTRICTIONS WHICH COMES ON TV AT 2 P.M. TODAY
(These are our notes but the final restrictions will be more detailed at 2)
- THEY REALLY WANT TO TARGET 18-35 YEAR OLDS THE MOST
- Beginning Nov. 20th, groups will be reduced to 50 max
- Beginning Dec. 11th, groups will be reduced to 25
- Retail, Churches and Funerals will be allowed groups during services but it is the receptions afterwards they are targeting to reduce
BARS & RESTAURANTS
- Close at 10 p.m. (was unclear if must close completely but food and beverages must stop.
- Bar counters and seating will not be allowed (Tables only)
- Will be held to 50% capacity
- No more than 10 per table
- 150 max for inside and outside
- College activities will shut at 10 p.m. including food and beverages
- Most of problems are late night and those are targeted
- Movies can go past 10 but food and beverages close at 10
- Must stop food and beverages at 10 p.m. but can bowl later
THE COMMISSIONER SAID ENFORCEMENT IS MORE OF AN HONOR THING THOUGH THEY WILL FOLLOW COMPLAINTS TO THEIR HOTLINE. They will work with local and state police where major problems. No one is going to enforce or show up at your home if more than 10 but they really want compliance.
Other states like CA, CO, IL, MA have dialed way back but the Commissioner said our Governor wants to TARGET PROBLEM AREAS especially with 18-35 year-olds so he is dialing back only a little.