Resources for Employers Looking to Hire
THIS INFORMATION WAS PROVIDED TO US BY THE DAKOTA COUNTY WORKFORCE CENTER:
- Minnesota Works – This is the State’s website.
- 65,000+ jobs are posted and there are 22,000+ “active resumes” www.minnesotaworks.net The site is free for both employers and job seekers. Employers need to register.
- But once they have their account they can take a look at resumes.
- www.CareerForcemn.com has a ton of resources for employers. It just launched last year. It has info on writing inclusive job descriptions.
- Typically, we hosted “Hiring” and /or “Employer of the Day” events at each of our three sites. They were a great way for job seekers and employers to meet.
- While they’re on hold, we’re publicizing job openings in our periodic emails to job seekers and those who work with them.
- DEED is hosting “virtual Career Fairs”.
- Career Centers at Colleges – The career counselors there are resources to post jobs. They are Jessica Ayub (Jessica.Ayub@dctc.edu) at Dakota County Technical College and Emily Johnson (EJohnso@inverhills.edu) at Inver Hills Community Colleges.
- We can connect employers with specialized populations such as ex-offenders; Veterans; and people with disabilities for example. There are also some state/federal programs such as Work Opportunity Tax Credit and bonding programs which can be helpful for employers.