Dakota County Small Business Relief Grant Program
The Dakota County Board of Commissioners has allocated $10 million to support small businesses that have had a financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. One-time grants up to $10,000 will be awarded to eligible applicants to assist with payroll, rent, mortgage payments, utility bills, and other operational expenses that have occurred since March 1, 2020.
Dakota County, in collaboration with the Dakota County Community Development Agency (CDA), are working with NextStage (Program Administrator) to collect, review, and award these grants. This initiative is being funded by Dakota County’s allocation from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Thank you to local and federal legislators for their efforts to secure this funding for Dakota County businesses.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Employ the equivalent of 50 or fewer full-time workers.
- Be a private for-profit business that has a permanent physical location in Dakota County, Minnesota.
- Be majority owned by a permanent resident of Minnesota.
- Be in good standing with the Minnesota Secretary of State and Minnesota Department of Revenue as of March 1, 2020.
- Be in good standing with Dakota County and the city where the business is located.
- Be able to demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. THIS FRIDAY, August 14, 2020. Only one application needs to be submitted per business. Submitting multiple applications does not improve your chances of being awarded funds. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If the number of applications exceeds the available funding, a randomized selection process will take place. All applicants will be contacted via email by August 26, 2020.
Email: [email protected]
Website: Click Here to Visit >