CITY APPROVES APPLE VALLEY CHAMBER’S REQUEST FOR ORDINANCE RELAXATION FOR EXPANDED OUTDOOR SERVICE AREAS
NOTE: After Apple Valley Chamber had several meetings with the City to appeal for OUTDOOR ORDINANCE flexibility, we are pleased to announce that City Council approved our requests last night.
The City Administrator wrote to us last night:
“Mayor Mary and I talked this afternoon about the Temporary Outdoor Customer Service Areas opportunity you shared. We agree it is the right thing to do to support our local businesses. In fact, we took the topic to the City Council tonight and I’m pleased to report that the attached resolution was adopted unanimously.”
CITY APPROVES APPLE VALLEY CHAMBER’S REQUEST FOR:
ORDINANCE RELAXATION FOR EXPANDED OUTDOOR SERVICE AREAS
—NOTE: THIS APPLIES TO ALL APPLE VALLEY BUSINESSES AND INDUSTRIES
FOR ALL BUSINESSES ON OWNED/LEASED GREEN SPACE or PARKING AREAS
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: ANY BUSINESS IN APPLE VALLEY can establish (Beginning May 15, 2020) ON IT’S PROPERTY, PARKING LOTS or GREEN AREA:
1. DRIVE-UP or DRIVE-THRU AREA
2. CUSTOMER ORDERING, WAITING or PICK UP AREA
3. CUSTOMER SEATING or CUSTOMER SERVICE AREA
4. MUST COMPLY WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING PRACTICES
IF YOU ARE A RESTAURANT
- LIQUOR DISPENSED or CONSUMED IN NEW TEMPORARY CUSTOMER SERVICE AREAS, LICENSEE MUST OBTAIN A LIQUOR LICENSE MODIFICATION BUT CAN STILL OFFER LIQUOR ONCE MODIFIED.
- FOR LIQUOR MODIFICATIONS CONTACT PAM GACKSTETTER, APPLE VALLEY CITY CLERK.
- Remember, nothing can happen with on premise restaurant service until the state opens up restaurants with a subsequent executive order. According to current state law, all food and beverages sold at a restaurant are for off premise consumption only. On premise consumption rules are supposed to be posted publicly by the Governor on May 20 for possible implementation on June 1. We are hopeful, but details on what they may look like are unknown at this time.
CONDITIONS FOR ALL BUSINESSES
- LIMITED On-site SIGNAGE (and Storage) & “limited” on site directional signs allowed (This is on YOUR PROPERTY ONLY, NOT AROUND TOWN)
- Temporary Tables, Tents & Sun Shelters may be erected
- No need for a City Variance nor City Permits
- If leasing, must have property owner permission
- Must prepare traffic management plan (may be asked for it if complaints or problems)
- Must not impede sidewalk usage
- Must NOT IMPEDE ANY DISABLED parking spaces or ramps
- No activity shall be a nuisance for any neighboring business
- This applies ONLY to your property and does not allow additional signage elsewhere
- The City may ask you to remove anything unreasonable, unprofessional or a nuisance.
- SAFETY is the top concern. If not safe, the City may ask you to remove it.
ALL ALLOWED UNTIL REPEALED BY CITY COUNCIL OR TERMINATION OF THE LOCAL PEACETIME EMERGENCY. At that time, the City and Chamber will ask you to remove.
We want to thank the Mayor, City Council, City Administrator & Planning Director for their meetings in listening to our business concerns, by temporarily relaxing city ordinances in order to help our businesses survive this pandemic. They have been gracious, understanding and want to see you succeed. We all want you to be glad you are located in Apple Valley.