How to Comply With the New Executive Order 20-40: FAQ’s For Businesses AND Employees
The following FAQs are designed to help businesses understand how to comply with EO 20-40 and to answer general questions about safely returning to work. For detailed guidance from the CDC made especially for businesses, please visit their website.
- What non-critical businesses are allowed to go back to work under EO 20-40?
- How did you select which businesses are allowed to reopen?
- What is required of businesses of non-Critical Sector workers who are allowed to return to work?
- How do health screenings work?
- How do I create a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan for my business?
- Is there a template I can use to create my Preparedness Plan?
- What am I required to do with my COVID-19 Preparedness Plan?
- Do Critical Sector businesses need to create a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan?
- Are non-Critical Sector workers required to wear protective gear?
- Do I have to open up under EO 20-40?
- What happens if someone in my workplace gets COVID-19?
- My company was allowed to reopen, but we can’t access the necessary supplies to implement our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. What should we do?
- What is best practice for workers wearing non-medical cloth masks?
- What if I need help figuring out how to create my COVID-19 Preparedness Plan?
- What if I am unable to or don’t develop and implement a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan as required by the Executive Order?
- What if my business has not complied with CDC or MDH guidelines?
- Can I take my workers’ temperature before allowing them to work?
- Am I required to take my workers’ temperatures before allowing them to work?
- My business was not allowed to reopen under EO 20-40, but I have completed a Preparedness Plan and believe I can safely reopen. What do I do?
- How do I stay up-to-date on the latest health guidelines?
The following are FAQ’s for workers related to Safely Returning to Work.
- I am currently not working and receiving unemployment benefits. My employer is able to reopen under EO 20-40, but I don’t feel safe returning to work on site and I can’t do my job from home. Can I choose not return to work and continue to receive unemployment benefits?
- I am a Critical Sector worker. Why is my workplace not required to implement the health and safety protocols required for businesses allowed to reopen under EO 20-40?
- I have an underlying health condition that places me at a greater risk if I contract COVID-19, do I need to return to work?
- If my business is unable to provide a reasonable accommodation and my serious health condition prevents me from working, am I eligible for unemployment insurance benefits?
- I live with a family member who has an underlying health condition that places them at greater risk if they contract COVID-19. Do I need to return to work at the request of my business?
- Can my business take my temperature before I am allowed to work?
- Can my business require me to be tested for COVID-19 or require other medical tests before I am allowed to work?
- What do I do if I think my business hasn’t complied with CDC or MDH guidelines?